Welcome to TRI-CHOTOMY.



I'm just an averge age grouper blogging about Triathlon Training and this complex puzzle of juggling life, having fun and the Tri(als) and Tri(bulations) of "My Reality Show". With the Miami Ironman 70.3 race now in the books I've set a new goal, competing and completing Ironman Louisville 2011 in August. Twice the distance, twice the pain, twice the fun. As a warm up race and I never would have believed hearing myself say this, I'll be doing Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island in July. Once again I'll be sharing these experiences with my great friends Chris and Justin and look forward to the next several months of training and racing with them.

I'll share my training, race and gear experiences and hope you'll comment and even offer advice from your experiences.

Remember,

"Pain is Temporary, Quitting Lasts Forever".

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cliff bar in one hand, Gatorade in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

"You can sleep when you're dead!"




Sunday, May 31, 2015

I won’t be writing about my trip tonight. I learned this morning while driving that my best friend Chris passed away last night from injuries he’d suffered in a cycling accident last weekend. Chris was a tremendous husband and father to Stephanie, Katie and Lizzie and a great friend to so many people. He was a coach, a teacher and a mentor to me but most importantly he was a remarkable friend. We will all miss him incredibly. Rest in peace my good friend.

1 comment:

  1. Nick

    i was riding with chris when he crashed. i wrote about it on my blog

    http://petertakeda.blogspot.ca/

    email me if you any questions

    chris was a great guy and will be missed

    ReplyDelete